· Utilizes CREE XP-G2 (R5) LED
· Maximum output of 360 lumens
· Integrated “Precision Digital Optics Technology” provides extreme reflector performance
· Boasts a peak beam intensity of 7000 cd and a throw distance of up to 167 meters
· Dual-switch design ensures unprecedented ease of use
· Secondary red LED provides constant / flashing illumination
· Indicates battery voltage with a red flashing LED (accurate to 0.1V)
· High efficiency constant current circuit enables maximum runtime of up to 30 hours
· Direct access to ultra-low and turbo output
· Reverse polarity protection prevents damage from incorrectly inserted batteries
· Detachable two-way anti-rolling clip
· Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-scratch coating
· Constructed from aero grade aluminum alloy
· HAIII military grade hard-anodized
· Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (2 meters submersible)
· Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
· Tail stand capability
Length: 5.57” (141.5mm)
Head diameter: 1” (25.4mm)
Tail diameter: 0.83” (21.2mm)
Weight: 2.36oz (67 gram) (without battery)
4.0 Overall rating
The Nitecore EA21 has a maximum brightness of 360 lumens from the XP-G2 (R5) LED.
Designed for the avid traveller, the EA21 runs on regular AA (alkaline or NiMH) batteries, which are cheap to buy and readily available anywhere in the world.
This torch cannot use 14500 Li-ion batteries.
In addition to the main white beam there is a secondary low level red light that can be used to preserve night vision. When in standby mode the red LED flashes once every three seconds to help locate the flashlight in the dark. When the tail cap is installed after changing batteries the red LED will flash to indicate the battery voltage (accurate to 0.1V - patented) making the EA21 a portable multi-meter!
Two lockout modes to prevent accidental operation: With the light turned on press and hold both switches for over one second to enter lockout mode, alternatively simply loosen the tail cap to cut off power entirely (recommended when storing for long periods).
Operated by a dual side switch for easy one handed use and direct access to turbo and ultra-low modes.
Brightness Levels (based on 2xAA NiMH 1.2V 2500 mAh):
- Turbo - 360 lumens, runtime 1 hr 15 mins
- High - 220 lumens, runtime 2 hrs 15 mins
- Mid - 110 lumens, runtime 5 hrs 45 mins
- Low - 35 lumens, runtime 11 hrs
- Lower - 1 lumen, runtime 30 hrs
An additional three concealed special modes are available for emergency situations: Strobe, SOS and Location Beacon.
Beam distance of up to 167 metres, waterproof to IPX - 8 (2 metres submersible), & impact resistant to drops from 1.5 metres.
The 25.4mm diameter Nitecore filters & diffusers fit the EA21.
Includes: Holster, pocket clip, lanyard, spare o-rings & 2 x AA alkaline batteries.
Nitecore EA21 user manual can be downloaded here.