- Maximum Output: 300 Lumens
- Maximum Beam Distance: 110 meters
- Maximum Beam Intensity: 3050cd
- LED: Cree XP-G2
- Reflector: Smooth
- Battery: 2 x AA Alkaline or NiMH
- Special Modes: Location Beacon, Slow Flash, SOS
- Beam Colour: White
- Length: 90 mm
- Head Size: 24 mm
- Weight: 61.4 grams (without batteries)
5.0 Overall rating
The new Nitecore HA20 Head Torch features a die-cast aluminium body that is stronger and has better heat sinking capabilities than ordinary plastic head lamps. With its extremely small thermal resistance, the full metal housing of the HA20 can effectively transit the heat from the LED to its exterior, significantly improving heat dissipation efficiency.
Powered by two AA (alkaline or NiMH) batteries and driven by a Cree XP-G2 LED.
Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) technology, along with effective cooling fins, allows the HA20 to dynamically adjust output performance according to its internal temperature, thus maintaining its internal temperature and preventing damage to the LED.
Weighing in at only 62 grams, the HA20 is comfortable to wear for long periods and the combination of wide beam optics and the rotatable mount make it extremely versatile.
The HA20 is operated by a single switch for easy one handed operation.
In addition to the main white beam there are two secondary red LEDs that can be used to preserve night adapted vision. The red LEDs also act as a portable multi-meter by flashing to show the remaining battery voltage (accurate to 0.1V).
Brightness Levels and runtimes (based on NiMh 2400 mAh AA batteries):
- Turbo - 300 lumens, runtime 1 hr 45 mins
- High - 160 lumens, runtime 2 hrs 30 mins
- Mid - 90 lumens, runtime 5 hrs 45 mins
- Low - 30 lumens, runtime 17 hrs
- Ultra Low - 1 lumen, runtime 160 hrs
Plus Red Light + Strobe + Location Beacon + SOS modes.
Maximum beam distance of 110 metres, waterproof to IP67 & impact resistant to drops from 1.5 metres.
Includes headband, mount and AA alkaline batteries.
Nitecore HA20 user manual can be downloaded here.