- Length: 159 mm / 6.26"
- Head Diameter: 40 mm / 1.57"
- Tail Diameter: 38.6 mm / 1.52"
- Weight: 211 g / 7.44 oz.
- Maximum Peak Beam Intensity: 29,500 cd
- Optical system combined with crystal coating and 'Precision Digital Optics Technology'
- Highly efficient constant current circuit provides a stable output
- Dual side switches
- Triple charging options available
- Wall mount cradle and desktop cradle included for inductive wireless charging
- Intelligent li-ion battery charging circuit with USB-C port
- Built-in power indicator beneath side switches indicates the remaining battery power, displaying battery voltage (±0.1V)
- Incorporated Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) module
- Optical lenses with double sided scratch resistant coating
- Constructed from aero grade aluminium alloy
- HA III military grade hard anodised finish
- Tail stand capability
The Nitecore R40 V2 torch is an updated version of the popular R40, offering a maximum output of 1200 lumens from the Cree XP-L2 V6 LED and is powered by a dedicated 21700 li-ion battery.
As with other flashlights in the Nitecore R Series, the R40 V2 offers wireless charging for convenient use, especially for law enforcement applications. The torch comes with both a wall mount and desktop cradle which can be connected to a power source or cigarette lighter to initiate the charging process. Alternatively, the updated R40 can be charged via the USB-C port at the base of the light.
The R40 V2 features five brightness levels, ranging from 1 to 1200 lumens, plus three special modes, beacon, strobe and SOS. All the outputs are accessed using a dual side switch for fast, intuitive operation. Additionally, the turbo mode can be accessed directly by long pressing the mode switch when the light is off. The side buttons also have a built-in battery indicator which flashes the battery voltage when the battery is inserted or when the mode button is pressed.
To avoid accidental activation, the Nitecore R40 V2 has two lockout options. Either press and hold both side switches simultaneously or as a long term solution, remove the battery and store separately.
Turbo: 1200 lumens - 2 hrs 15 mins runtime
High: 480 lumens - 5 hrs runtime
Mid: 220 lumens - 11 hrs 30 mins runtime
Low: 50 lumens - 48 hrs runtime
Ultralow: 1 lumen - 1200 hrs runtime
Plus Strobe, SOS and Beacon (1200 lumens).
Maximum beam distance 344 meters, waterproof to IP68 and resistant to impacts up to 1 meter.
Includes: Nitecore NL2150DW 21700 dedicated battery for R40 V2, desktop cradle, wall mount cradle, car adapter, AC adapter, USB-C charging cable, holster, lanyard, spare o-ring.
Nitecore R40 V2 user manual can be downloaded here.