- Input: DC 5V/2A 9V/2A 18W (MAX)
- Output: 4.35V±1% / 4.2V±1% / 3.7V±1% / 1.48V±1%
- QC Mode: 1,500mA x 1 (MAX), 1,500 x 2 (MAX), 750mA x 4 (MAX)
- Standard Mode: 1,500mA x 1 (MAX), 1,000mA x 2 (MAX), 500mA x 4 (MAX)
- Compatible with: IMR/Li-ion/LiFePO4: 10440, 14500, 14650, 16500, 16340 (RCR123), 16650, 17350, 17500, 17650, 17670, 17700, 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22500, 22650, 25500, 26500, 26650, 26700 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd: AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D
- Dimensions: 6.26" x 4.21" x 1.61" (159 mm x 107 mm x 41 mm)
- Weight: 8.21oz (232.8 g)
- Intelligent USB Four-Slot Charger
- QC 2.0 input available
- Capable of charging 4 batteries simultaneously and controlling each slot independently
- Up to 1,500mA charging speed in a single slot
- Compatible with Li-ion and Ni-MH/Ni-Cd batteries with automatic detection
- Automatic detection of battery power level and automatic selection of the appropriate voltage and charging mode
- Automatic selection between 3 charging modes (CC, CV, and -dV/dt)
- Energy-efficient LCD display for real-time charging information
- Capable of manually selecting the charging cut-off voltage and the charging current
- Automatic termination of large/small capacity batteries and automatic selection of appropriate charging current
- Automatic termination upon charging completion
- Reverse polarity protection and short circuit protection
- Over-discharged battery activation
- Li-ion battery restoration
- Overtime charging protection
- Automatic detection of battery internal resistance and display of battery health
- Made from durable and fire-retardant PC materials
- Optimal heat dissipation design
- Certified by RoHS, CE, FCC, and CEC
5.0 Overall rating
The Nitecore UM4 charger is a fast and efficient USB charger that can charge up to four batteries with the option to control each bay independently. The charger has a maximum output of 1500mA in a single slot - please note, this is only achievable if using a 9V 2A QC 2.0 charging adapter.
The charger features a charging programme specially optimised for IMR batteries which monitors the entire charging process, ensuring that the cut-off voltage is always within safe limits to extend the lifespan of the battery.
The Nitecore UM4 has a useful LCD display which relays real-time charging information. A short press on the 'V' button will cycle through details on the charged volume and charging time, charging current and battery voltage, battery type, cut-off voltage and charging mode. The charger will automatically select from 3 charging modes when the battery is inserted, according to the battery type and capacity. Alternatively, the charging parameters can be set manually to meet various charging needs; long press the 'C' button to enter the charging setting mode.
The charger offers over-discharged IMR battery restoration. When an over-discharged IMR battery is inserted, the screen will show 'EE EE'; simply long press the 'V' button to enter restoration mode. The screen will also display 'EE EE' if a short-circuited battery is inserted or the cell is the wrong way round.
The Nitecore UM4 is compatible with the following IMR/Li-ion/LiFePO4 batteries: 10440, 14500, 14650, 16500, 16340 (RCR123), 16650, 17350, 17500, 17650, 17670, 17700, 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22500, 22650, 25500, 26650, 26700 and the following NiMH/NiCd: AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D.
The Nitecore UM4 user manual can be downloaded here.